It’s that thyme of year again. That’s right, the season of spices is upon us. In fact, aside from pulling those holiday decorations out from the attic, there’s no better way to celebrate the season than by filling the air with the scent of traditional spices we all love. With this recipe for pork tenderloin, you’ll prove to your neighbors that the holidays are the best time to use your SABER® grill.
- 2 pieces pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 20 stalks asparagus
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
Saber 3-Burner Cast Stainless
This post features a SABER 3-Burner Cast Stainless 3-Burner Infrared Grill. Click to discover how this high-performing grill can make your outdoor cooking experience easier and even better tasting.
- Remove tendons and fat from the tenderloin and season it with plenty of salt, pepper and thyme. Wrap the seasoned tenderloin in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Clean the asparagus thoroughly and season with salt, pepper and sugar. Place them in a shallow dish with the juice from the lemon and oil.
- Grill the marinated tenderloin over high heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until it reaches a safe internal temperature of 145°. Remove the tenderloin from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the tenderloin is resting, add the asparagus to the grill, cooking just long enough for them to turn a bright green while remaining tender-crisp.
- To serve, lay 5 stalks of asparagus on each plate and top with sliced tenderloin.
- Best served with a simple green salad and warm bread. Cheers!