Taco Tuesday doesn’t have to be plain ole ground beef cooked on a skillet with packaged taco seasoning. Albeit these tacos are tasty, Taco Tuesday can be so much more. So this Tuesday, pull out a few different ingredients and make the family grilled shrimp tacos with an avocado corn salsa.
Tip: When grilling the shrimp, use the SABER® stainless steel dual skewers. These skewers help keep smaller food items from rotating and falling off while you’re grilling.
- 1-1/4 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 ears sweet corn
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, thick slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Soft taco shells
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with olive oil garlic, coriander and Old Bay Seasoning. Set aside
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Grill shrimp, corn and avocado.
- Cut kernels off the corn. Chop the avocado into bite-sized chunks. Combine corn and avocado with tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill tacos with shrimp and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
- Instead of using shredded cheese, try making a creamy queso that you can drizzle on top of your tacos. Use the grill side burner to make queso for tacos.
- Use the SABER stainless steel griddle to toast the soft shell tacos before filling, OR build your tacos and then toast them on the grill.
- If you don’t want to use Old Bay Seasoning, season with salt and pepper.