We all know the weeknight drill: grab a beer and head out to the grill. But next time, try grabbing an extra beer…for your chicken.
If you want chicken that is fall-off-the-bone tender, moist and deliciously flavorful, you will fall in love with this beer-can chicken recipe from Chef Timothy Grandinetti.
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients - store in an airtight container.
- Preheat the Saber® grill to medium-high.
- Rub the chicken and its cavity down with extra virgin olive oil.
- Season the chicken with special rub mixture.
- Chug/Enjoy ¼ of the beer and sit the chicken on top of the beer can.
- Place chicken in the center of the Saber® grill and close cover.
- Cook the chicken for 1 hour to a minimum internal temperature 165° F.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes prior to carving.