The LP cylinder used with your grill must meet the following requirements:
- Use LP cylinders only with these required measurements: 12” (30.5 cm) diameter x 18” (45.7 cm) tall with 20 lb. (9 kg) capacity maximum.
- LP cylinders must be constructed and marked in accordance with specifications for LP cylinders of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or for Canada, CAN/CSA-B339, cylinders, spheres and tubes for transportation of dangerous goods. Transport Canada (TC). See cylinder collar for marking.
- LP cylinder valve must have:
- Type 1 outlet compatible with regulator or grill.
- Safety relief valve.
- UL listed Overfilling Prevention Device (OPD). This OPD safety feature is identified by a unique triangular hand wheel. Use only LP cylinders equipped with this type of valve.
- LP cylinder must be arranged for vapor withdrawal and include collar to protect LP cylinder valve. Always keep LP cylinder in upright position during use, transit or storage.