When you’re ready to go to the beach but you’re stuck at home, bring the beach to you. Grill up a Tropical dish like Island Marinated Pineapple Kebabs. These kebabs are light and refreshing with a sweet and spicy flavor.
When grilling a marinated kebab, you lose the marinade once you put the kebabs on the grill. But, with the SABER EZ Grilling System, you can pour the marinade into the Roasting Pan and sit the skewers into the slots of the pan. As the marinade heats up, it will steam and add flavor to the vegetables.
- Whole mushrooms, chopped into chunks
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Red onion, chopped into chunks
- 2 (20 oz) cans Pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 Large Zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 6 Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Juice from pineapples
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Green onions, chopped
- Chop mushrooms, red bell pepper, red onion and zucchini. Place in a large bag. Place the bag in a bowl in case it leaks. (Keep pineapple separate.)
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour into the bag and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- After marinating, remove vegetables and pineapple from the fridge and push onto Skewers. Reserve marinade.
- Preheat oven to Medium.
- Place the Skewers in the slots of the Roasting Pan. Pour leftover marinade into the pan.
- Grill until vegetables have softened and marinade has slightly thickened
- Serve vegetables with cooked rice, chicken or shrimp. Drizzle the marinade over rice and meat.
Notes: Add chicken, tofu or steak to these Island Marinated Pineapple Kebabs.