Small bites with big flavor, grilled sliders are the perfect food to serve a crowd. They’re easy to make, easy to serve, and easy to eat. A fan-favorite for game day, the bite-sized burgers allow football fans to keep their eyes on the play… not on their plates.
Sliders are easy to grill for game day parties or daily meals with the family. The salty bacon and mild, sweet flavor of the caramelized onions are the perfect pairing. Add cheese and pickles, and you have the perfect bite sure to please any crowd!
The patented cooking system of a SABER® grill vents convective air away from the cooking surface, preventing food from drying out. That means juicy, delicious sliders every time.
And because everything is better with bacon, add a few slices to your sliders. Grill bacon directly on the grates or use the SABER® EZ Stainless Griddle! Featuring 199 square inches of cooking surface, this griddle is restaurant-grade, but home-approved. It’s perfect for bacon, eggs, buns and more. This dishwasher-safe griddle is a snap to clean with the EZ clean grease tray.
- BBQ Sauce
- Steak Rub
- Ground Beef
- Slider Buns
- Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat SABER® grill to medium-high heat, and SABER® EZ Griddle to medium heat. There should be one burner turned ON at high heat under the griddle, and the remainder of the burners turned ON at medium heat.
- Start preparing the elements for the sliders: Slice pickles to slider size. Set aside. Thinly slice the red onion. Set aside Slice slider buns and brush with olive oil. Set aside.
- For the slider patties: Mix ground beef with steak spice in a large bowl. With your hands, or burger press, shape the ground beef into small patties (about 60 ml or ¼ cup of meat each). Oil the patties lightly. Set aside.
- Directly on the pre-heated SABER® grill, cook bacon until browned and crispy over medium-high. Set aside on paper towel to absorb any excess fat.
- Add a little vegetable oil and the thinly sliced red onion to the pre-heated SABER® EZ Griddle. Cook the onions until soft and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, bring the grill side to high heat and grill the slider patties until medium-rare, or desired doneness (about 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare). Lower heat to medium, and top with cheddar cheese (about 1-2 minutes).
- While the cheese is melting, lightly toast the pre-oiled buns on the pre-heated EZ griddle over medium heat.
- Assemble the sliders, with some bacon, onions, a few pickles and some BBQ sauce.